Anorexia is an eating disorder that has claimed many lives over the years. It affects both the person’s mind and body, making pharmaceutical remedies not enough to cure it. Cannabis for Anorexia is one of the studies that require in-depth research.
With the advent of technology and new researchers, researchers suggested CBD as a helpful aid for Anorexia. Though it still needs more studies to back it up, cannabis has been used by many to combat the disorder.
To fully understand how CBD for Anorexia works, let us have a quick discussion on what is Anorexia and the wonders of CBD.
What Is Anorexia?
It is characterized by the fear of gaining weight. Often, people suffering from anorexia equate their self-worth with thinness. This disoriented concept of weight leads them to resort to extreme weight loss activity.
With the extreme effort to control their shape and weight, anorexic people vomit after eating, overuse laxatives, diet aids, diuretics, and enemas, or overly exercise. Despite the drastic weight loss and change in body shape, they still continue the extreme practices due to the fear of getting fat again.
Psychologically, anorexia is not all about the fear of eating and getting fat. It is also a life-threatening way of coping with emotional burdens.
Similar to many eating disorders, it may gain control over one’s life and becomes harder to control over time. But, with better management of the disorder, there’s a bigger chance of reversing its effects and getting back to normal life.
Symptoms Of Anorexia
Physical, emotional and behavioral symptoms are manifested by people with Anorexia. If one of these symptoms occurs, it is recommended to seek professional help for interventions.
- Extreme weight loss
- Thinning appearance
- Below normal or beyond normal blood counts
- Sudden fainting
- Discoloration of the fingers (getting bluish)
- Thinning, breakage, or falling out of hair
- Soft, downy hair covering the body
- Absence of menstruation (for women)
- Abdominal pain
- Yellowish/dry skin
- Cold intolerance
- Swelling arms or legs
- Irregular heart rhythms
- Low blood pressure
- Eroded teeth and calluses (on knuckles) due to constant induced vomiting
- Attempting to lose weight by restricting food intake (either through diet or fasting)
- Exercising excessively
- Inducing vomiting via laxatives, herbal products, enemas, and diet aids
- Cooking elaborate meals for others but not eating
- Frequently skipping meals/refusing to eat
- Denial of hunger or making excuses for not eating
- Eating very few foods that are usually low in fat and calories
- Practicing rigid meal such as spitting food out after chewing
- Doesn’t eat like eating in public
- Lying about food intake
- Repetitive weighing and measuring of body
- Frequent checking for perceived flaws in front of the mirror
- Worries or complains of getting fat
- Flat mood (lack of emotion)
- Social withdrawn
- Lack of interest in sex
Causes of Anorexia
Anorexia stems from one’s genetic buildup, personality disorder and one’s kind of environment as precipitating factors. Often, it’s fueled by low self-esteem, depression, bullying, PTSD, anxiety or family abuse.
CBD For Anorexia
Primarily, the disorder is treated through anti-depressant and anti-anxiety medications, and regular therapy sessions.
But, in the development of new researches, practitioners started to recommend the use of cannabis in various forms. Loaded with benefits, cannabis for anorexia works wonders on the endocannabinoid system and helps alleviate the disorder.
How Cannabis Works For Anorexia
Cannabis for anorexia alleviates the condition by targeting the most common symptoms of the disorder.
Sadness, feeling low, and depression is one of the contributing factors for anorexia. CBD is known to relieve depressive symptoms making it a helping cure for anorexia.
It contains terpenes which provide mood-enhancing benefits. Cannabichromene, which is also found in cannabis, is a good antidepressant.
Full-spectrum CBD helps flip the hunger switch. It increases the production of ghrelin – the hormone that signals our body when we are hungry. As a result, the person starves most of the time, prompting him/her to eat.
Relieves Stress And Anxiety
Taking cannabis for anorexia with high CBD levels to offset the negative effects of THC. A formulation of CBD and THC between 2:1 and 1:1 is most recommended.
With the right dosage, this results in better management of stress and anxiety. Remember to always choose the full spectrum CBD product for stress and anxiety.
How To Use Cannabis
It is recommended to use cannabis with both CBD and THC content since they play particular roles in treating anorexia nervosa.
It is recommended to use full-spectrum extracts. Always start with small doses then increase in the following use.
When side effects occur, try to lower the dosage in the next use.
Why Cure Anorexia Nervosa?
Anorexia Nervosa, if not addressed, leads to bigger problems. Since being underweight means nutrient deficiency, it results to other health complications like:
- Heart problems including mitral valve prolapse, abnormal heart rhythms, and heart failure
- Osteoporosis and increased risk of fractures
- Muscle loss
- Absence of period for women
- Decrease in testosterone for males
- Gastrointestinal problems including constipation, bloating, and nausea
- Electrolyte abnormalities including low blood potassium, sodium, and chloride
- Kidney problems
Anorexia Nervosa is a serious problem that’s experienced by over 30 million people. Stemming from genetic , personality, and environmental factors, this results in more severe health conditions if not treated right away.
Thanks to the tireless researchers who identified that cannabis for anorexia also helps. This allows the sufferers to have a new approach in curing the disorder by using all-natural remedies.
Maximize the benefits of our mother earth’s gift for everyone. Try using cannabis. You can purchase various cannabis products from different shops but we recommend visiting https://www.greenserenitycbd.com// for safe, well-manufactured, and premium quality CBD products.
Stay informed. Get cured. Maintain your wellness. Try cannabis for anorexia today!